Dyslexic? Considering starting a business but don’t know where to start?
- Often, dyslexic individuals are more likely to consider self-employment as a career choice if they feel they don’t ‘fit’ the typical employment place
- Entrepreneurial thinking and problem solving are strengths of dyslexic people, however, the planning and management of a business can be particularly challenging
- Dyslexic people wanting to work for themselves often say they don’t know how to start and would benefit from support and guidance on planning to start a business
So, we’re having a flash event to help you…
- feel more confident about starting a business
- learn strategies to help you plan your self-employment
- make useful contacts who can help and support you to start and maintain your business
- feel inspired to work for yourself
Talks, workshops and information include:
Presentation from Enterprise Mentoring's Ashley McCloy
How to mind-map your business plan - by Darius from Mind Map Studio
Inspirational talk from dyslexic entrepreneur Colin Campbell from Bellair (Scotland) Ltd.
Marketplace with information and handouts on dyslexia, Dyslexia Scotland and self-employment
… and more to be confirmed!
How to Book
This event is free. It is on 4 July 2018, 10.00 – 3.30pm, Falkirk. Lunch is provided.
Book your place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dyslexic-business-start-up-network-tickets-46567198745
Or for any further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org 01786 435128